Here’s a holiday present for you ISL Online users out there. The remote desktop and online collaboration developer welcomes all Android enthusiasts to get the newly released ISL Online Android Beta. You can call it a Christmas present, a Hanukkah or a New Year gift since the remote desktop beta for Android is completely free of charge. Use it across Android devices operating on 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, 3.x Honeycomb, 2.3 Gingerbread, or 2.2 Froyo, and connect to any Windows, Mac or Linux remote computer within seconds and work on it from anywhere.
Download ISL Online Android Beta for free.
Once you install the beta on your Android, you need an active ISL Online account to continue to a remote desktop (tip: start a 15-day free trial if you don’t own a licensed account). Logged in, you can either start a new remote connection with a client’s computer or access a remote computer with the previously installed and enabled ISL Online’s remote access. To connect to the remote client’s computer (Windows, Mac, Linux) get a new session code and pass it on to your client via email. The client then visits www.islonline.com and starts a desktop sharing session from there. On the other hand, if you want to access one of your previously installed computers (Windows only) which might be unattended, search through your remote computer list and just click ‘connect’.
Which functionality to expect?
• Automatic login – the app saves your login username and password to make your next remote access quicker.
• Works on Wi-Fi and 3G.
• Remote desktop support with an ad-hoc connection to a remote computer.
• Remote access to unattended computers.
• Searching for a remote computer by its name and other tags.
• Online /offline status.
• Full access to all remote computer’s applications and files.
• Remote desktop featuring optimised quality, optimised speed, or a combination of both (set by default).
• Zooming in, zooming out by pinching the screen or selecting a pre-set zoom option – fit to screen, 1:2, or 1:1.
• High security with 256-bit SSL.
• Special keyboard combinations like Ctrl-C, Alt-, Ctrl-Alt-Del.
Enjoy your holiday present and start swinging to those sweet beta jingles!
Oh, jingle bells, jingle bells
Access all the way
Oh, what fun it is to ride
And connect from anywhere