After months of synchronising software with all major platforms, we are proud to introduce the most impressive remote support tool, ISL Light 4, also to Linux. The new generation remote desktop software, which lets you efficiently assist attended and unattended remote computers with IT issues, brings speedy screen sharing, multi-monitor support, detailed remote system information and a simplified brand-new design. Together with countless new tools, ISL Light 4 for Linux will get you ahead in live technical support and make remote operations on Linux effortless.
Synchronised functionality for Windows, Mac OS and Linux
Similar to Mac users, who got their update earlier this year, the remote desktop application for Linux is now synchronised with its Windows counterpart as well. In fact, to bring the previously separate software for Windows, Mac and Linux under the same roof and assure simultaneous development for all operating systems has been one of the main focuses of our recent activities. A completely new architecture in ISL Light 4, in turn, resolves the move and promotes common functionality and unified performance in all future updates for all platforms alike – Windows, Mac OS and Linux.
Linux users, what to expect in this release?
Although there is a vast array of remote support tools available on the market, only a handful offer a satisfactory level of service to Linux enterprise-level users. The latest update, ISL Light 4, rethinks remote desktop for Linux and lets you experience an unparalleled technical support service through new generation desktop sharing, ultrafast connections, a powerful feature set and a seamless design with possible branding.
- A completely redesigned graphical interface with a handy toolbar on top. It’s beautiful and clean with all buttons intuitively placed in just the right spot.
- Customisation of the remote support applications. Build your brand image into the ISL Light remote desktop application by inserting your logo and changing the colour scheme.
- Easy connection in amazing 2 seconds. ISL Light 4 lets you securely connect to a remote computer in mind-boggling 2 seconds, provided you have a normal Internet connection.
See a video on how to connect to a remote computer in 2 seconds with ISL Light 4:
- The best quality remote desktop sharing so far, which lets you assist remote computers smoothly like you were right there in front of them.
- Remote system information with attractive visuals for a quick snapshot of the CPU, memory, storage, monitors, network, network connections and other crucial information about the remote computer.
- A new dashboard for managing multiple sessions and assisting multiple remote computers at the same time, which lets you add more troubleshooting sessions, toggle between them and transfer a session to a more appropriate operator.
- Access to unattended computers is now conveniently placed in a separate tab named ‘Computers’. Feel free to provide on-demand technical support for remote clients as well as remote access to unattended computers within the same application.
- Installable helpdesk part of the remote desktop application beside the existing thin client.
- Easy control of multiple monitors lets you efficiently troubleshoot computers with two or more monitors by viewing all monitors at once or each one individually.
- Better keyboard matching due to the added support for the local keyboard’s Unicode characters and modifiers.
- The possibility of adding simple command line arguments enables you to modify the application a bit to your needs, e.g. to skip user authentication and get the session code immediately after opening the ISL Light application.
- Other minor features and bug fixes like a slicker chat layout, clipboard sharing and improved whiteboard tools.
Important updates and fixes for Windows and Mac OS
Apart from a completely renewed remote desktop application for Linux, the update expands to include important improvements for Windows and Mac OS as well. In short, it allows better integration of the program into other existing systems and enhances branding of the software.
“Integration of a remote support tool into a company’s existing systems has become a key feature in the last few years and a large number of our customers request such integration, for instance, into CRM software,” reflects Jure Pompe, ISL Online CEO. “Our latest ISL Light release carries new integration possibilities and optimises the integration process.”
The update additionally recovers user-specific customisation of the interface and server application, temporarily inaccessible ever since the major fourth generation software upgrade in November last year. The fixed and newly added simple command line arguments allow customisation of ISL Light permitting users to make desired shortcuts when logging in or connecting to a remote computer, and increase the performance of a support process. ISL Light now supports silent installation without displaying installation process pop-up windows.
SaaS update automatic
The new ISL Light 4 is free of charge for existing ISL Online users. SaaS users will get the latest remote support tool automatically. However, if a user has the program saved to his/her desktop, it is recommended to download the new ISL Light 4.0.3 from ISL Online website and replace it with the old one.
Server License users are welcome to upgrade
Self-hosted (Server License) users are welcome to upgrade the client application to the newest ISL Light Client 4.